Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Moore, Oklahoma

I was born and raised in Oklahoma and have driven through Moore quite a few times when going from Oklahoma City to Ardmore my home town.  The tragic tornado that went through on Monday afternoon is just devastating and everyone is in my thoughts and prayers.  Growing up in Oklahoma we were taught what to do in case of one including gathering in the hallway of our elementary school with our hands over our heads.  I have experienced a tornado personally but nothing of this magnitude.  I've heard several people question why there weren't more shelters but in Oklahoma we have a very high water table and red clay and basements just end up with cracked walls and thus they leak which is not good.  A tornado is just a way of life for Okies. My heart aches for those who lost love ones but I know that the people of Moore will recover from this and be as strong as ever because they're Okies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment